Position SummaryArizona Oncology Associates is looking for an Insurance Specialist. Great opportunity to join a team that focuses on patient care - Located in beautiful Sunny Arizona, you will have the ability to enjoy small town living with big city amenities on top of a rewarding work/life balance.
The ideal candidate will have the following background and experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Minimum two (2) years combined medical billing and payment experience required. Demonstrate knowledge of state, federal, and third party claims processing required. Demonstrate knowledge of state & federal collections guidelines
- Position is considering all levels of experience
- Under general supervision, is responsible for payer and patient account balances being paid timely and remaining current. Performs collection activities such as monitoring delinquent accounts, contacting patients for account payment, resolving billing problems, and answering routine and non-routine account inquiries. Follows standard procedures and pre-established guidelines to complete tasks. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards, and US Oncology’s Shared Values
• Monitors delinquent accounts and performs collection duties
• Reviews reports, researches and resolves issues
• Reviews payment postings for accuracy and to ensure account balances are current
• Works with co-workers to resolve insurance payment and billing errors
• Monitors and updates delinquent accounts status
• Recommends accounts for collection or write-off
• Contacts patients to secure past due balances, verifies patient demographics and insurance providers, updates information in systems, and documents conversations.
• Answers patient payment, billing, and insurance questions and resolves complaints.
• Contacts patients to secure past due balances, verifies patient demographics and insurance providers, updates information in systems, and documents conversations
• Answers patient payment, billing, and insurance questions and resolves complaints
• May refer patients to Patient Benefits Representative to set up payment plans
• Maintains credit balances of patients and payors ensuring timely refunds within government
• Adheres to confidentiality, state, federal, and HIPPA laws and guidelines with regard to patient records
• Performs other duties as requested or assigned
As the largest cancer practice in Arizona, we are proud to provide advanced and compassionate Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology and Hematologic services. Our physicians and staff incorporate a multidisciplinary, personalized approach to treatment to enhance the patient experience by providing complete care in convenient, community-based locations.
We are proud to provide patients with access to the latest treatments, state-of-the-art technology, and an extensive research program. We believe it is beneficial to patients’ that these therapies are provided in a community setting, because it allows you to remain close to home and to your support system. Arizona Oncology physicians are supported by talented clinical staff that are sensitive to the needs of cancer patients and their caregivers.
United in Healing with The US Oncology Network
Arizona Oncology is united in healing with The US Oncology Network, one of the nation’s largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks focused on advancing cancer care in America. As an affiliate of The US Oncology Network, Arizona Oncology is united with more than 1,000 physicians and 10,000 cancer professionals nationwide.
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We’d Love to Hear from You!
If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. In addition to a great career opportunity, we offer excellent benefits, a team environment, professional development, and the chance to be part of a nationwide network dedicated to fight the war against cancer.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.