Position Title :: Integration/Test Engineering Specialist
Duration :: 12 months (contract)
Location :: Herndon, VA
- Participate in the development and analysis of system and subsystem requirements
- Integrate hardware and software components of these systems.
- Develop plans and procedures to verify and validate (V&V) performance of the systems with respect to the underlying requirements.
- Conduct test and verification activities.
Test activities will take place primarily at Client' Herndon facility, but may also be performed at customer location.
- Document test results and write test reports. Present these results to management and the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Two (2) or more years hands-on experience in communications and information systems integration and testing
- Systems integration experience with emphasis in hardware and software testing
- Hands-on experience with data networks including knowledge of network protocols, and use of data collection and analysis tools
- Experience in troubleshooting system issues, identifying the root cause, and clearly documenting the results of this analysis.
- Working knowledge of; operating systems including MS Windows, Solaris, and Linux; and proficiency using Atlassian tools and advanced capabilities of MS Office tools, including Excel® and MS Project®.
- Demonstrated proficiency in technical writing.
- Candidate must be a US citizen with the ability to satisfactorily complete a background check.
- Some travel, domestic and foreign, may be required (<10%).
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS
- Hands-on experience performing data analysis and developing visualization using scripting languages.
- Demonstrable experience developing data analysis scripts using Perl, Python, or MATLAB.
- Hands-on experience with avionics, RF data links, RADAR systems.
- Hands-on experience with Unix environments, wireshark, JSON/GeoJSON, and/or Redis a plus.
- The successful candidate will possess strong initiative, curiosity, and desire to learn.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment.