Thompson Coburn LLP currently has a non-exempt position available in our St. Louis office for a full-time Intellectual Property Docket Clerk with at least two years of experience in Intellectual Property prosecution preferred. Qualified applicants will possess an Associate’s degree. The person selected for this position must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Receives and dockets all forms of correspondence.
- Forwards correspondence to appropriate parties with updated docket sheet.
- Enters docketing information pursuant to instructions from secretary/paralegal/attorney and returns to appropriate party with updates for review.
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly and custom reports for secretaries, paralegals, attorneys and clients.
- Updates references for Information Disclosure Statement purposes in the Intellectual Property Document Assembly System (IPDAS) and maintains the Patent & Trademark Links database.
- Corresponds with timekeepers regarding status of daily deadlines due and prepares reports accordingly.
- Knowledge of the patent and trademark prosecution process and maintenance for both domestic and foreign matters.
- Ability to understand Patent and Trademark Office Rules.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills so as to be able to work well with employees at all levels within the organization and maintain all information in the strictest of confidence. Required to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
- Must have ability to read, write, and communicate fluent English; ability to compose documents in the appropriate business style using correct grammar and spelling; ability to communicate clearly using proper grammar and diction over the telephone.
- Must possess attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects, and strong time management skills.
- Must have ability to reason and apply common-sense understanding to situations encountered.
- Ability to process routine daily functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments utilizing above average critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- The physical demands of this position are representative of those that might be met by an employee in order for him or her to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. These include being both mobile and stationary throughout the workday, having the ability to transport 20 pounds and being able to operate a computer and other business equipment found in the office.
Thompson Coburn LLP is a large, full service, multi-state firm with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Southern Illinois, and Washington D.C. At Thompson Coburn, our behavior and the expectations we have of ourselves are guided by the values that we hold in the highest regard: integrity, a passion for excellence, a focus on serving the client, a value of diversity, innovation, creativity, trust, and loyalty. Within the Firm, we value each other as people and colleagues. In addition to the exceptional working environment and a competitive salary, Thompson Coburn provides the following benefit options to qualifying employees:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance & ADD policies
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Firm Paid 401(k) & Profit Sharing plans
- Parking/Transportation Stipend
- Section 125 Plan (Pre-tax premiums, dependent care and medical reimbursement)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- College Savings Plan Deductions (529 Plans)
- Long Term Care
Applicants interested in applying to Thompson Coburn LLP are required to complete our online application, which can be found by visiting the site below.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V