Title: Intelligence Research Specialist (IRS)
Contingent upon award
In anticipation of a contract award, MVM, Inc. is looking for Intelligence Research Specialist (IRS) to provide
significant support to the “disrupt and deter” counterterrorism strategy of HSI by reviewing the immigration status of known and suspected terrorists and, by combating criminal exploitations of the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) and other non-immigrant visas by in identifying national security threats.
The Intelligence Research Specialists work regularly with partners globally to identify emerging risks, such as radicalization or criminal activity, that may occur after an individual arrives in the United States.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The Intel Researcher will work in support of HSI Counter Terrorism and Criminal Exploitation Unit (CTCEU) and Visa Security Programs (VSP)perform analytical research and data analysis that includes, but is not limited to:
- Conduct searches of designated Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) systems, other government agency computer systems, and open source websites to identify violations and investigative leads.
- Identification of suspects affiliated with Terrorist organizations, illicit cross-border movement of people, cargo, vehicles, drugs, etc. and/or trade industry, to include identifying suspect trends and patterns.
- Perform real time assessments on individuals, groups, financial institutions, commodities, and travel patterns on targets of interest.
- Analysis of suspects who are members of transitional criminal organizations that threaten public safety and the security of the U.S.
- Review visa applications and develop pre-adjudication information, derogatory and threat information assessments and, provide adjudication recommendations to the Department of State and other government equites as needed.
- Identify and prioritize investigative activities related to foreign nationals who overstayed their period of admission or otherwise violated the terms or conditions of their admission to the U.S.
- Interact with HSI special agents and other government agencies to identify and disseminate investigative leads both overseas and in the U.S. These efforts will directly support HSI efforts to investigate and prosecution violations of U.S. law that directly impact border security.
- High School Graduate; B.A. or B.S. preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience and basic knowledge and analytical experience in research and analysis, preferably for criminal investigations.
- Capacity to effectively use the most current version of Microsoft products
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Able to obtain and maintain a security clearance in accordance with the Program requirements
- Excellent writing, verbal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability of having in-depth knowledgeable of idioms, colloquialisms, slang expressions
- Demonstrated ability to work and operate with government provided systems.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written skills both formal communications [such as intelligence reports] and informal communications [emails]
- Ability to find, retrieve, collate, process and conduct first level analysis of information
- Capacity to prioritize, meet stringent deadlines, balance multiple tasks and work in a fast paced and fluid team environment.
- Must possess a track record of successfully working is a team environment.
- Committed to providing outstanding customer service and represent MVM in a Professional manner.
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
Applicants selected may be subject to a Government background investigation and may be required to meet the following conditions of employment:
- A favorable credit check for all cleared positions
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have lived in the U.S. for three (3) of the last five (5) years
- Successfully passing a background investigation
MVM offers a competitive benefits package, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
For more information about the company please visit our website at www.mvminc.com
MVM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.