NELSON is currently seeking a mid-level Interior Designer to work in our Minneapolis office. The Designers will participate as a team member to assist in project development and design issues, including creative and concept development. This person will also participate in all phases of projects meeting or exceeding the client’s business objectives; from programming, schematic design and design development, construction documents and furniture specification.
- Participate with the Project Manager and/or Senior Designer to understand/establish project goals and objectives including but not limited to work plan, schedule and budget parameters
- Participate in existing conditions surveys and architectural base and/or interior record plans preparation
- Assist in or prepare programming questionnaires for use during interview process and set up project files
- Assemble the program data and prepare the program report for review by the Project Manager, Senior Designer, prior to presentation to the client
- Develop space plans that are responsive to and conform to the program requirements and client’s goals and objectives
- Prepare conceptual design sketches that illustrate the architectural treatment of the space, develop concept statements and develop concept and presentation in the NELSON presentation formats
- Research products and systems that accomplish the design intent. Develop plans, elevations and architectural details that illustrate the design intent and use of materials
- Prepare furniture and finish recommendations and alternatives, including budgets.
- Participate in the development of construction documents and specifications to insure compliance with design intent
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field and a minimum 5-8 years’ of interior design experience
- AutoCAD skills required, Revit skills preferred.
- Experience working on corporate interiors projects.
- Great client facing skills.
NELSON is a global architecture, design, and consulting services firm with offices located across the country. With a client list featuring 40% of Fortune 100 and 500 companies, NELSON is one of the Zweig Group’s “2015 Hot Firms” and in the top ten of Interior Design Magazine’s Design Giants. For more information on NELSON, please visit our website at www.nelsononline.com.
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by emailing clicking the link. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.