ROAR Logistics is a global transportation service provider offering an extensive portfolio of rail, ocean, air, and highway services to aid our clients in the delivery of their products around the world. We have an immediate opening in our Chicago operations office for an Intermodal Operations Dispatcher. We are looking for dynamic people lo
The position requires the candidate to work independently and as part of a team to source/secure drayage carriers, evaluate and select rail routes, and drayage delivery of domestic intermodal rail shipments. Customer orders and procure qualified carriers to transport freight in a timely manner while maximizing margins, developing relationships, and minimizing risks.
- Dispatch drivers with a high-level of detail and input all pertinent driver/shipment details into the Transportation Management System (TMS) system and continue monitoring, communicating and updating the TMS until the completion.
- Proactively manage in transit shipments to optimize customer service and manage costs.
- Update/enter customer and carrier profiles in the TMS.
- Route, enter, and schedule customer load tenders and related administrative duties with accuracy and efficiency.
- Source (new and existing) carriers to build a pipeline/network for supporting ROAR customers and to pre-plan the use of carrier equipment for efficiency.
- Work with operations team and account managers to ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
- Be a problem-solver and solutions-provider to all customers, carriers, and ROAR associates.
- Other tasks as assigned by the ROAR Management team
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics is preferred, but not required. High School Diploma or equivalent GED is required.
- Two or more years of intermodal operations experience or the logistics industry.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft office products and Transportation Operations Systems.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
ROAR Logistics provides a comprehensive benefits package
- Must be comfortable and confident working in a fast-paced, dead-line driven, stressful environment. Manage multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
ROAR Logistics is a subsidiary of Rich Products Corporation. Rich Products Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rich Products Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Rich Products Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.