The Agfa-Gevaert Group develops, produces and distributes an extensive range of analog and digital imaging systems and IT solutions, mainly for the printing industry and the healthcare sector, as well as for specific industrial applications.Job description:
Agfa Graphics is a leading supplier to the printing industry. All over the world, we supply sign & display companies with a range of highly productive and versatile wide-format inkjet printers and dedicated inks, in addition to workflow automation software. We also serve various industries by deploying our state-of-the-art inkjet inks in printing solutions that are integrated into existing manufacturing processes.
Commercial, newspaper and packaging printers count on us for the most extensive range of prepress solutions, including hardware, software and consumables. These include a.o. user-friendly chemistry-free printing technology which saves costs and the environment, as well as mobile publishing software for newspapers and magazines.
This position is responsible for assisting Converting team in generating and updating SOPs. under the guidance of the Production Manger, the Engineering Intern will work closely with Supervisors to define and develop solutions to current and future challenges, as well as help ensure documentation is reviewed and updated as necessary.
- Review and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) within Converting, S&R.
- Will have the opportunity to shadow and assist Reliability Engineers in various high level projects
- Expected to develop towards working with minimal direction, while exemplifying leadership through proven drive and personal initiatives
- Enrolled in final year of Bachelor’s degree within an Engineering Discipline or a recent Mechanical/Electrical Engineer graduate required
- Experience working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred
- Previous internship experience preferred
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication / comprehension skills
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfortable understanding Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) & job safety analyses, pass tests for training comprehension and ability to effectively participate in Continuous Improvement Projects (CIPs)
- Excellent communication skills and be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to comfortably interact with engineers and operators on a regular basis
- Must have strong analytical and leadership qualities in order to pilot their own projects as assigned
Agfa Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Agfa is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail AccessAgfaJobs@agfa.com or call: 201-373-4010. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis."