Technical Assistance Associate Intern
Flexential stands for something not often found in the world of IT transformation: the human touch. The best infrastructure solutions aren’t about infrastructure, they’re about people. With a mission to accelerate customer success through people and technology, we build trusted relationships and deliver tailored, value-added and reliable solutions to demonstrate the power of people in a technical world.
Utilizing our people, values and reliable performance, Flexential is deeply invested in the success of our 4,200+ customers, who trust us to deliver core data center solutions of colocation and connectivity, as well as cloud, managed solutions and professional services. Flexential’s robust suite of assets spans 21 domestic and international markets and comprises 41 highly redundant and connectivity-rich data centers.
Flexential has a great internship opportunity for you to learn what life is like in the exciting and fast-paced data center environment.
As a Data Center Intern, you’ll be working directly with Flexential employees and customers to do everything there is to do in a data center. You’ll be installing new customers, performing maintenance tasks, fulfilling customer requests, ensuring security of the data center environment, and so much more.
- Assists the data center team with many aspects of data center operations
- Performs basic tasks including:
- Customer service
- Remote support
- Managed services
- Facilities operations
- Maintaining clean and well-stocked facilities to include customer areas
- Executing rounds
- Ensuring adherence to security measures
- Completing special projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Currently enrolled in a two or four-year degree program in Information Technology, MIS, Computer Science or a related field of study
- Superb oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly
- High proficiency in operating a personal computer
- Proficiency using common software programs like MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel), etc.
- Basic understanding of networking and MS Server technologies
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities