Internal Auditor and Business Analyst
The Internal Auditor’s role is to review the operations and finances of circuit courts, which includes providing analyses and recommendations resulting from operational, compliance, and financial audits of the Wyoming Circuit Courts. The position is also responsible for reviewing the operations and finances of the Wyoming Supreme Court, and other reviews as deemed necessary.
The role will also include business support duties, including planning, designing, developing, configuring, supporting and launching business systems used by the Judicial Branch. This position will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefits of IT system investments.
Travel across Wyoming to the various courts is required.
- Review procedures and operating controls for compliance with current statutes, rules and regulations and established policies and procedures.
- Audit circuit courts for financial accountability, case tracking, records management and asset control.
- Ascertain reliability of management data developed, appraise the quality of performance for assigned responsibilities and recommend operational improvements.
- Complete other operational reviews as necessary, including but not limited to, grant compliance and fixed assets.
- Identify internal control issues and make recommendations to the Chief Justice and the Board of Judicial Policy and Administration for changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Meet with decision makers, system owners, vendors and end users to define business, financial, and operational requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; or
- JD from an ABA accredited law school with accounting experience.
- CPA preferred.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Understanding of accounting and auditing standards, ability to craft audit plans and programs independently in an evolving environment.
- Practical knowledge of report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
- Experience in the design, development, and implementation of software solutions, systems, or products.
- Experience in the operation and analysis of database hardware, software, and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies and applications.
- Knowledge of data privacy practices and laws.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Knowledge of court operations, statutes, and rules desirable but not required.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to present ideas in user-friendly languages.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Logical and efficient.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Employment is “at will” and subject to a background check. The annual salary for this position will be between $60,000 and $70,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications. The position will receive State of Wyoming benefits, which include health and dental insurance, life insurance, retirement and annual and sick leave. The position is located in Cheyenne, WY.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, along with the Wyoming Judicial Branch Employment Application, to Lily Sharpe, State Court Administrator, 2301 Capitol Avenue, Cheyenne, WY 82002. The Wyoming Judicial Branch application is located on the Wyoming Supreme Court website at: http://www.courts.state.wy.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/wsc-app.pdf.
The position is open until filled.
The State of Wyoming in an Equal Opportunity Employer.