RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of an Internal Auditor in Greenbelt, Maryland (MD).
With limited supervision, prepares risk assessments and performs audit services to evaluate the design and/or operating effectiveness of risk mitigation strategies (controls) for key business processes. The position will identify opportunities to improve controls within the organization, and recommend solutions for management approval.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or Information Systems
- Professional audit certification(s) (CPA, CIA, or CISA) or actively pursues within 6 months of hire - transfer
- Minimum of three years Internal Audit/financial institution experience
- Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive PC skills with proficiency in Word and Excel
- Ability to apply basic accounting rules and procedures
- Ability to reconcile and balance transaction records
- Ability to create, edit and format word processing and spread sheet documents using formulas and data tools, including graphs
- Ability to enter data, sort and extract information from database systems; understand the information, and make observations and recommendations at least in part using this resource
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial reports, procedure manuals, business periodicals, government regulations; apply information learned on the job
- Ability to take and follow directions
- Ability to present ideas and concepts clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
- Ability to accurately document meeting notes as well as draft business correspondences
- Ability to provide effective explanation or instruction and respond to questions in one-on-one situations
- Ability to keep sensitive data and information confidential
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish fact, and draw valid conclusion on root cause
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.