Responsible for implementation of company and regulatory health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and guidelines at remote jobsite locations. Will work closely with project management to oversee company and contract employees to ensure safe operations and reduction of risk exposure at worksite.
Position requirements and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assess the jobsite to determine if the scope of work can be safely performed
- Assist operations personnel in development of Site Specific Safety Plan and Job Hazard Analyses as applicable
- Ensure compliance of employees and contractors at job sites with HSE regulations and company policy
- Stop work where violations of HSE policy or regulation can be seen and consult with operations personnel to council employees/contractors as appropriate
- Conduct safety meetings and toolbox talks with employees and contractors
- Conduct site inspections and audits to verify compliance with HSE regulations and company policy
- Write accident reports and conduct follow up investigation and root cause analysis as needed
- Provide recommendations for onsite safety improvements
- Interact with customer and applicable local/state/federal officials when needed
- Request environmental testing as needed
Basic & Essential Function of the Job:
- Good driving record (for insurability purposes to drive a company vehicle and as a representative of the company)
- Ability to get in and out and drive a vehicle throughout the workday; ability to operate a vehicle in unfamiliar and/or foreign environments requiring left lane driving with limited signage; ability to operate a vehicle at night and within disaster zones.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time while donning PPE (to complete paperwork as needed or manage a job while in the field)
- Ability to walk and climb for long periods of time while donning PPE
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in extreme heat & humidity, odorous, smoky or otherwise hazardous environments.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group daily.
- Ability to problem solve in the field.
- Ability to write professional accurate reports daily.
- Ability to travel and function in remote locations within and beyond the Continental United States as well as foreign countries for extended periods of time. (to proactively chase, consult, market, secure business and satisfy project needs)
- Flexibility to adapt to unplanned changes to schedules and rotations
- Ability to respond to world events as needed
- To work an on-call schedule, which may require late evenings, early mornings and weekends to include long extended hours without much notice.
- Ability to support Cotton Domestic Operations as needed.
- Strength to work as a unit within a team environment supporting all operations.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- High school diploma
- OSHA 30
- Current First aid/CPR training
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations for Construction
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations for General Industry
- Knowledge of NFPA Life Safety Code
- Knowledge of EPA Standards
- Knowledge of DOT Standards
- Knowledge of FEMA NIMS/ICS
- FEMA ICS Certifications or the ability to obtain
- Familiarization and ability to use the Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG)
- Familiarization and ability to use National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH) Pocket Guide
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Able to travel extensively