Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
• Greets patient, identifies self and interacts with patient to gain trust and insure patient support
• Explains procedures to patient/family
• Prepares patients for procedures according to section protocols
• Practices proper sterile technique during the execution of procedures.
• Connect patients to monitoring equipment including blood pressure, EKG, pulse oximeter and nasal cannula.
• Take patient vital signs including blood pressure, pulse rate and respiratory rate.
• Review procedure aftercare with patients and their families.
• Performs procedures consistent with section protocols
• Monitors patient status, tolerance, well-being, and safety throughout and after procedure
• Verifies patient identity and insures preparation for procedure
• Aids radiologists, doctors and other UPHS team members in completing procedures according to applicable protocol
• Responds to emergency situations according to department/hospital policies
• ARRT or board eligible. Must obtain ARRT within 1 year of hire.
• Current Basic Life Support. (BCLS)
• High School Graduate or Equivalent
• Satisfactory completion of an accredited Radiologic Technology Program. Advanced Degree preferred.
• Two+ years’ experience in radiology preferred. Interventional Radiology experience preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.