U.S. Nonwovens Corp. (USN) is a manufacturing company based in Brentwood, NY. We are a team of talented employees with an obsession towards QUALITY. Established in 1993, USN is a manufacturer of various types of OTC Care, Personal Care & Home Care Products and associated chemicals. Within the last year we have grown exponentially by acquiring companies such as Ajax Laundry, Dynamo, Fab, Final Touch and Old Williamsburg Candle Company and are seeking gifted individuals to join our team.
Responsible for processing inventory transactions. Performs random cycle counts. Reconciles variances found during the cycle counts and makes corrections. Files all related documentation.
- Review and process inventory adjustment tickets.
- Process material transfers between stockrooms.
- Process cut sheet transactions to show material conversions.
- Process nonconforming transactions and vendor chargebacks as required.
- Perform work order booking transactions.
- Input the necessary text on work orders, documenting shortages and serial numbers.
- Maintain work orders based on material changes initiated by engineering or sales change orders or by actual material usage as the order is built.
- Review and release units as they are completed, generating federal certification and tire tags.
- Performs random cycle counts
- Reconciles variance found and makes corrections based upon the root cause of each error.
- Compile inventory accuracy detail based on the cycle counting.
- Reconcile negative inventory issues.
- Process material receiving transactions as needed.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Lead and active participation in year-end inventory count process.
- Provide feedback to appropriate functional groups on gaps to inventory control compliance issues for quick resolution and permanent corrective actions.
- Lead and participate in projects/kaizan events for continuous improvement in inventory control and material transactions.
- Basic understanding of ERP and the production process.
- Able to follow established procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong organization and time management skills necessary to manage competing demands
- APICS Certification (American Production & Inventory Management Society) Preferred
- Prior work experience in inventory control and cycle counting in a manufacturing environment