RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of an Investment Data Ops Analyst in Newark, Delaware (DE). Instrument, Pricing & Common Reference Data is an operating unit center of excellence providing a global asset pricing service to multiple lines of business across the client as one of its three core offerings.
The Index Calculation Agent team in Delaware is responsible for the daily valuation of fixed income instruments included in the client's global fixed income flagship benchmarks, covering both developed and emerging markets. The team manages and runs the index calculation engine used for daily and monthly index operations, client reporting and publication generation. The team is also responsible for tracking market events, affecting bond price movements.
The team interacts daily with the Global Index Research Group, a part of the client's Investment Banking Research, across its global footprint (in New York, London and Asia) to ensure that the index processes, requests and systems are operating efficiently. Functions performed by the wider team in CIB include: Fixed Income market research to produce robust cutting-edge benchmark products and custom solutions for institutional investors and ETF providers, across the globe; Client interaction for strategic queries on index products; Commercialization of index services and analytical tools to buy-side clients and vendors; Implementation of new index analytics tools and platform for better client service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Daily third-party price capture & validation of bond prices versus multiple market sources
- Analyze price movements against market news and expectations
- Liaise with pricing vendor to resolve issues and minimize risk
- Monitor systems for related job success and resolve issues by working with technology teams
- Bachelor degree with preference in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
- 2-3 years asset pricing, fund accounting, middle office, or operations experience
- Demonstrate an understanding and interest in stocks, bonds, options, and financial markets and products
- Knowledge of industry activities - particularly corporate actions, index benchmarking, stock markets and fixed income products
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and time series data a plus
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel skills, including pivot tables and v-look ups
- Analytical/problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate customer focus and follow-up skills
- Self-motivated and proactive with the proven ability to work accurately and under pressure to meet deadlines
- The role holder will be required to operate flexible working hours to cover early starts and/or late finishes as demanded by the business
- Strong database/SQL knowledge a plus
- Pricing vendor knowledge, i.e. Bloomberg, Reuters a plus
Can you picture yourself working for one of -America's Ideal Employers-? Our client has received numerous awards and accolades due in part to their commitment to diversity, veterans, and fostering innovation. They've been named one of Fortune Magazine's -World's Most Admired Companies- of 2018 and are included in the -Top 50 Most Innovative Companies- named by Boston Consulting Group. With on-site training and mentoring, they are committed to your professional development as well.
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.