Job Title: IoT Cloud Developer/ Full Stack Engineer
Duration: 9 months Temp to Hire
Location: Neenah, WI 54956
Summary Of Position:
IoT cloud application developer primarily focused on back-end system architecture, design, and development for IoT solutions.
• Primarily focused on back-end system architecture, design, and development for IoT solutions in AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud.
• Work closely with architects and technical product managers to translate overall system architecture and product requirements into well-designed and implemented software components.
• Design architecture of microservices and web applications.
• Collaborate with solution architects and other software engineers to design and launch new features.
• Implement software components of highly available, scalable, and robust cloud services.
• Build and maintain reusable code and libraries.
• Take ownership of the implementation of individual software components, with high emphasis on quality, test-driven development, and sound software engineering practices.
• Maintain cloud component organization, code integrity, quality, and ensure responsiveness of applications.
• Optimize applications for maximum scalability and speed.
• Develop and implement data security best practices, procedures, and strategies.
• Participate in software design reviews, conduct peer code reviews, and provide input and feedback to other members of the development team.
• Develop multiple solution related artifacts (e.g. solution delivery blueprints, application diagrams process diagrams, system maps, service interfaces, technical interfaces).
• Actively participate in Sprint planning and execution.
• Demonstrate creativity and innovation in identifying new opportunities and applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder.
• Influence the direction on the available standards, methods, tools and applications and makes appropriate choices from alternatives.
• Contributes to API strategy definition and approach.
• Contributes to data integration and analytics approach as it relates to IoT generated data.
Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc.)
• Experience with object oriented design and building back-end applications with REST API services
• Experience developing solutions utilizing Node.js
• Experience developing solutions utilizing Python
• Experience designing and developing micro-services architectures
• Experience with performance optimization techniques
• Strong experience in Cloud Computing with one or more Platform-as-a-Service, (PaaS), offerings with IoT capabilities (AWS IoT preferred or Google Cloud IoT)
• Expertise in cloud-based IoT technologies (MQTT, Notification engines, etc.)
• Experience in cloud-based NoSQL stores (e.g. DynamoDB, MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, etc.) and RDBMS.
• 3+ years in teams applying modern agile software development practices
• Experience in rapid prototype development
• The IOT Cloud Developer is part of the IT Capability Organization, As a contractor (or contract to hire) team member you will work and collaborate closely on IoT and smart product development and delivery.