Position: Full-Time, Direct-Hire. Cannot Sponsor.
This is a functional Sr. Architect role that will work closely with functional and technical architects, business systems analysts, developers to design and implement solutions that are flexible, scalable and reusable while meeting the business needs in timely manner.
The JDE Finance Sr Architect will be responsible for providing finance business processes and technical guidance as well as ensuring that technical teams are following standards while implementing new projects and/or enhancements. The Sr Architect will report into the IT Global Shared Services team supporting Finance enterprise applications.
- Lead efforts to re-engineer and optimize business processes and systems by assessing business needs and developing, proposing and implementing technology solution options.
- Empower users and super-users (by training and performing knowledge transfer) to leverage IT systems for business process automation and optimization.
- Ensure the solution (people, process and technology) meets the program and/or project objectives and is aligned with business and IT strategic direction.
- Work with project leads to develop requirements work plans, identify task dependencies, develop estimates and determine resource skill requirements; support risk management and change management activities.
- Be responsible for the success of the Requirements Definition Process for assigned work to business system analysts to produce, analyze, specify and communicate business, system and implementation requirements.
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize requirements effectively based on business value, risks and constraints.
- Effectively identify and manage requirement conflicts and issues to resolution.
- Measure and track quality of business systems analysis work.
- Ensure the test strategy and test plans adequately cover the requirements. Assist in defect resolution.
- Simultaneously support multiple initiatives as assigned.
- Design, configure and enforce best security rights, processes and procedures within JD Edwards solution.
- Integrate JD Edwards solution with other existing internal business systems and software applications.
- Develop and work with report engines, applications, workflows, business functions and web services.
- Design and perform unit testing to ensure systems and code work as expected.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and provide solutions and bug fixes in JD Edwards ERP systems using various tools and information such as server logs and report debug logs.
- Work directly and closely with ERP leads for Finance, Sales and Distribution and Manufacturing.
- Mentor and train business systems analysts and end users on JD Edwards and reports.
- Familiar with general project management practices, including the use of project management software/tools.
- Int’l travel up to 10% as related to assignment
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Business, MIS or other related field is required.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in IT with 2 to 5 or more years of demonstrated solid performance in an architect role working with cross-functional teams (within IT and/or within the business) on enterprise level or complex system implementations
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in JDE ERP Architecture and strategy within a complex, matrixed and global business environment.
- Must have 10+ years of experience as a functional architect supporting Finance, with an excellent understanding of Financials including AP, AR, GL and Fixed assets and able to resolve out-of-balance issues and fix any discrepancies between Item Ledger, General Ledger and As-of-Balance
- Expert understanding and use of the JD Edwards development toolsets 9.2x
- Expert knowledge of JD Edwards Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) business management and reporting software.
- Knowledge or experience working in 9.2 version of JD Edwards Enterprise One with experience in E1 pages, Café One, One View reports.
- Experience supporting a JD Edwards Enterprise One ERP system which encompasses a multi-country globalization.
- Experience in JD Edwards developments such as report engines, applications, workflows, business functions and web services.
- Experience in integrating JD Edwards to third party logistic providers (3PLs).
- Expert knowledge in configuring and managing JD Edwards security rights, processes and procedures.
- Excellent support knowledge of Financials, Sales, Procurement, Planning and Manufacturing in JD Edwards.
- Experience in analyzing inventory discrepancies and excellent knowledge of purchase orders, receipt transactions and item setup process
- Experience in modifying and creating C business functions in JD Edwards system.
- Implementing and maintaining SDLC policies, standards, processes, procedures, methodologies, lifecycles, and training other junior resources such as BSAs
- Ability to manage own workload and oversee on-time delivery of others in the group
- Extensive experience supporting evolving business needs on time by delivering on commitments
- Experience with integrating SaaS solutions and enterprise applications with JD-Edwards
- Prior experience working in the Medical / Pharmaceutical industry is a plus
- Experience with Good Manufacturing/Good Documentation Practices (GxP) processes is preferred
- Prefer experience with FDA guidelines for Software Quality and Systems Validation
- Int’l travel up to 10% as related to assignment