Our Client – a growing consumer products company is looking for a Sr. Industrial Engineer - at their HQ/Plant in Northern NJ/NY. Excellent salary + Bonus + Full benefits + Sign on bonus for relo.
Job Posting # 2026R
Job Title: Sr. Industrial Engineer – Manufacturing
Location: Orangeburg, NY
Relocation: Prefer local – Client may give a sign on bonus for relocation assistance
Compensation: Salary range $85K - $100K + Bonus (7.5% Target)
Full Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vacations, personal time off, 401k etc.
Group Info: This position is in their engineering group at their growing plant location.
The production unit operations include high speed high volume web handling, slitting, manufacturing, blending, mixing, packaging, case packing, palletizing, vision inspection and Bar coding systems, etc.
The Sr. Industrial Engineer is responsible for technical support of plant operations in an FDA regulated environment. This position will contribute towards improved manufacturing efficiencies and reduced scrap by utilizing continuous improvement techniques.
This is a hands-on position who will execute multiple Industrial engineering & cost improvement projects in the range of $50K - $1Million
This person will also take a leadership role in engineering functions such as troubleshooting processes, and identifying and implementing process/product improvements
- Identify opportunities and implement changes to reduce variation and improve scrap rates and productivity
- Provide support to R&D, manufacturing, marketing, and customer service; interface with customers and suppliers
- Using six sigma principals, identify key process parameters and develop monitoring tools to enable cost reduction efforts
- Manage projects in a matrix organization as a team leader, whose duty encompasses the full scope of the project
- Drive capacity improvements by identifying and executing continuous improvement projects
- Implement cost reduction or cost avoidance by working closely with manufacturing
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Create and maintain strong relationships within the organization to foster awareness and achievement of continuous improvement goals.
- Support validation life cycle activities by commissioning, continuous process monitoring, change controls, SOP generation, and revalidation activities.
Candidate Must Have:
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Process or Manufacturing
- Min 5 years of Industrial Engineering experience in FDA or ISO regulated plant
- Experience in managing and tracking continuous improvement projects
- Experience in high speed – high volume manufacturing and packaging environment
- Excellent people, team, and communication skills.
- Good computer skills with MS Office, Excel
Candidate Nice to Have:
- BS degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Automation Engineering
- Six Sigma and Lean - Green Belt certification
- Experience with pharmaceutical/Medical Device/cGMP manufacturing
- Experience with Statistics and Data Analysis software such as Minitab
- Experience with Automation system using PLC system
Keywords: Automation, PLC, Manufacturing, plant, packaging, Industrial engineer, mechanical, FDA, ISO, Consumer goods, medical devices, six sigma – Lean green belt, pharmaceutical