Title: Senior Developer
The Developer is responsible for leading the design, development, testing, debugging, maintaining and documenting software components for the PMO project to which they are assigned. In this role you will be responsible for collaborating on a any and all new applications that will be used by millions of external customers. The Developer will be involved in the technical design process and completes estimates and work plans for design, development, implementation, and rollout tasks. The Developer also communicates with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are delivered with the highest of quality and in accordance to standards. The Developer strives to continuously improve the software delivery processes and practices. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead and participate in the design and implementation of large and/or architecturally significant applications.
- Champion company standards and best practices. Work to continuously improve software delivery processes and practices.
- Build partnerships across the application, business and infrastructure teams.
- Develop programming specifications. Design, code and unit test application code using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Complete estimates and work plans independently as appropriate for design, development, implementation and rollout tasks.
- Create technical system documentation and ensure that this documentation remains current throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Participate in all phases of system testing.
- Communicate with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are managed appropriately and that completed assignments are of the highest quality.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
The ideal candidate needs to possess:
- Proven success developing Java Features associated with large scale projects
- 7 or more years of experience in systems analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies.
- 5 years minimum exposure in core Java technologies (experience with Java 8 is a plus)
- 5 years minimum experience in Object Oriented Design / Architecture
- Experience using web development frameworks and tools such as Spring and Spring Boot
- A solid understanding and appreciation for SDLC tools, processes, and methodology
- Ability to interact well in a team environment.
- A solid understanding and appreciation for SDLC tools, processes, and methodology.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience or equivalent work experience
- Database Management and/or modeling skills
Desired current tools and technologies include:
- Java, Spring, J2EE, SQL, JSF, Stripes, Struts, Hibernate, JPA, Spring, Acegi Security, JBoss, Websphere, DB2, Informix, Linux, Eclipse, Ant, Maven, JDBC, JUnit, Eclipse
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.