Interested candidates may contact Michael West on 314-256-9980 or email their resume to email@example.com
Job Title: Java Developer
Job Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Duration: 6 months contract
The Developer is responsible for leading the design, development, testing, debugging, maintaining and documenting software components in accordance to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices. The Developer has overall responsibility in the technical design process. Leads and participates in the application technical design process and completes estimates and work plans for design, development, implementation, and roll out tasks. The Developer also communicates with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are delivered with the highest of quality and in accordance to standards. The Developer strives to continuously improve the software delivery processes and practices. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Current tools and technologies include: Java, J2EE, SQL, JSF, Stripes, Struts, Hibernate, JPA, Spring, Acegi Security, JBoss, Websphere, DB2, Informix, Eclipse, Ant, Maven, JDBC, JUnit, Eclipse
Essential Job Functions:
- Build partnerships across the application, business and infrastructure teams.
- Develop programming specifications. Design, code and unit test application code using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Complete estimates and work plans with the assistance of more senior team members as appropriate for design, development, implementation and rollout tasks.
- Create technical system documentation and ensure that this documentation remains current throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Actively participate in sprint planning sessions, PI planning sessions, and Agile ceremonies.
- Communicate with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are managed appropriately and that completed assignments are of the highest quality.
- Support and maintain applications utilizing required tools and technologies. Provide support for applications, including involvement with the Support Center, NOC, Infrastructure teams, and vendors as appropriate. Provide off-hours support (24 x 7) as required.
- May assist other personnel on assignments including mentoring or providing on-the-job training to more junior associates.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 4 - 6 years’ experience in systems analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies.
- Proven communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to customers and to all levels within the organization.
- Ability to interact well in a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in IS or related equivalent work experience in an Information Systems position.
- 4 - 6 years’ experience in systems analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies with medium size or medium level complexity projects.
- Prior experience with Agile methodology.
- Prior experience developing, supporting, and/or testing health care software applications.
- Prior experience with project planning with medium size or medium level complexity projects.