Sevatec, Inc. is seeking a Java App Developer with software development skills to work on activities supporting its highly visible government client, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
- Designs, develops, unit tests, enhances, debugs, and implements software applications.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to existing software applications.
- Applies fundamental concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments while under supervision.
- Researches, designs, develops, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of software products based on client requirements.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Addresses problems of systems integration.
- Performs technical feasibility analysis on potential future application projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, COTS products, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics wherever applicable.
- Has the ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Participates in development of software user manuals, technical deliverables and reports.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree with 4+ years or more in an IT Software Development Environment
- 4+ years of experience building J2EE/JSP based web applications
- Experience with or exposure to Spring, Struts and Hibernate frameworks
- Experience in writing SQL and working with relational database structures
- Aptitude for picking up technology quickly along with a desire to learn and progress
- Experience working in Java web applications in Linux and/or Windows environments
- Experience in WebSphere or Resin or JBoss (WildFly)
- Understanding of HTML5
- Experience working in a Java IDE like Eclipse
- Exposure to a continuous integration tool.
- Excellent communication and writing skills (ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience).
Security Clearance: US Citizenship is required along with the ability to obtain an Agency Suitability Clearance
Sevatec is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.