Number of Openings:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Java, C#, or other object oriented languages (3+ years)
- Experience with Spring or similar frameworks (3+ years)
- Familiarity with SOAP and RESTful web services
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and/or Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Familiarity with Git version control
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Gosu or Scala
- Experience with Guidewire suite of products (PolicyCenter, ClaimsCenter, BillingCenter and/or Edge API)
- Familiarity with Jenkins
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses an understanding of how technology solutions meet the business outcomes and offers a range of solutions for business partners; understand business current and aspirational needs
- Participates in sprint planning; provides work estimates to deliver product stories; owns development stories
- Develops solutions on variety of platforms according to business requirements
- Completes required coding to satisfy the defined acceptance criteria and deliver desired outcome
- Leads solution design, considering risks, mitigations, performance, user experience, and testability
- Assists in development of automated testing and supporting code as necessary
- Completes required documentation to communicate information to deployment, maintenance, and business teams
- Utilizes agile software development practices, data and testing standards, code reviews, source code management, continuous delivery, and software architecture
- Participates in the full software development cycle including coding, testing, implementation, support and sunset
- Designs, develops, tests and supports software in support of big data objectives
- Possesses an understanding of User Experience practices to improve usability and interaction between the customer and product
- Adopts Service Design, where appropriate, through architecture modularity to enable continuous delivery
- Considers applying emerging technology solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness; expectation of continuous innovation
- Resolves problems that result in a decreased time to market; improves quality, enhances flexibility, and embraces the solution provider mindset
- Provides input into overall testing plan; contributes to test approach and scenarios for requirements
- Provides product and/or process expertise necessary to support design, development, testing and execution of solutions
- Exhibits DevOps mindset where team is accountable for product from inception to sunset
- Designs, develops and tests new and/or existing web applications running on the server side and/or client side (single-page applications).
- Develops test software to support the testing of web applications.
- Develops scripting and components to support continuous delivery pipelines.
- Analyzes technical and business requirements (both functional and non-functional) to develop a systems solution that aligns with industry and enterprise best practices including user experience and accessibility.
- Provides system software support for State Farm web applications, components and testing software (testware).
- Job may require travel via commercial transportation and/or driving motor vehicles
- Job may require irregular work hours and travel outside normal business hours