Genesis10, www.genesis10.com, is seeking a Java Developer for a contract position with our client in Roseville, MN. Genesis10 has a broad footprint leading to exciting contract, contract-to-hire and perm opportunities for our consultants and candidates. If you’re interested in this role or information on the market, let’s connect.
Multiyear project to replace or update over a dozen systems which manage the whole educator licensing process as well as associated data collection and reporting. The work for this contract will focus on a subset of this project to replace two data collection systems:
(1) The Staff Automated Reporting (STAR) system collects employment data for licensed and nonlicensed staff as well as licensed staff assignment data from school districts. These three data files are currently exported from district data systems, uploaded using a web-based data collection system, validated and stored in a SQL database. The STAR system also updates current staff data and validates staff assignments against licensure data.
(2) The Job Board system will collect job posting data via a web service as well as via a web-based user interface. Districts that use third party job posting software can have their vendor integrate with the web service to automatically submit job postings to the Job Board. Districts without a third-party job posting system or without an integration option will be required to use the web-based user interface to submit job postings to the Job Board.
These new data collections will be implemented as modern web applications in Groovy/Grails using client application plugins and will integrate with client data services for single sign-on and organization data. In addition to replacing these two systems, the contractor will provide web application development support when needed on the larger System Rewrite project with and will integrate these two systems with the larger System as required.
The success of this engagement is dependent on frequent interaction with other members the IT project team and the business area to communicate requirements, update status, validate implementation, and organize system integration and deployment.
- Collaborate with business analyst and developers to produce software designs
- Provide work estimates to project manager, provide frequent status updates and track progress against the project work plan
- Formulate program specifications and basic prototypes
- Transform software designs and specifications into high functioning code in the appropriate language
- Integrate individual software solutions to higher level systems
- Use web-based tools to create and advance applications
- Test code periodically to ensure it produces the desirable results and perform debugging when necessary
- Collaborate with business, development, and QA teams to develop testing and acceptance procedures
- Perform upgrades to make software and systems more secure and efficient
- Collaborate with business analyst to provide training, knowledge transfer, and documentation for user support
- Three (3) Years of experience developing Java web applications using the Groovy and Grails Framework (Groovy-only experience is NOT sufficient)
- Three (3) Years of experience integrating Java web applications with SQL databases using Hibernate
- Three (3) Years of SQL relational database design and coding experience
- Have strong web application development experience using the Groovy and Grails Framework (Groovy-only experience is NOT sufficient)
- Have extensive background experience in Java web application user interface design and implementation
- Work well both independently and in a team environment. This project has a very experienced team.
- The candidate must be able to take business requirements and work independently to complete assignments. However, the candidate must also be able to work with other team members to implement required functionality and to resolve data and system integration problems. The candidate must also be engaged in project team meetings and provide regular project status updates.
- Experience developing Java web applications using Grails 3.x.
- Experience developing Java web application user interfaces using recent user interface tools including jQuery and Bootstrap 3.
- Detail-oriented and excellent concentration ability
- An analytical mindset and critical thinking
- Demonstrable ability to Client and fix errors in code
- Strong communication skills
- Experience developing software both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and in team settings
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Genesis10 provides access to career opportunities with over 40 clients in the Twin Cities. As the #3 ranked firm for Business and IT consulting in Minnesota, we offer a variety of opportunities whether you are looking for contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions. Let's connect today!
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
- Medical and dental insurance available- including HSA
- Bi-weekly payroll
- Established consultant re-marketing program with our 50+ local clients!
- 401k plan
- Downtown Minneapolis/St. Paul parking allowance
- Delivery Director for employee success and support
- Referral program with the opportunity to earn additional income
Genesis10 is a Professional Technology Services Firm providing Staffing, Workforce Optimization and Domestic Outsourcing Solutions. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com “Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”