Are you a Java Developer who is looking to make an impact through the work that you create? Then come explore an exciting career with Acuity!
Acuity is a fast growing and award winning provider of technical solutions and services to the federal government. Acuity has been voted as one of the Best Places to Work for over five years (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017). This award is very telling of the culture and environment you will find within Acuity.
Acuity is seeking to hire senior Java Developers for positions in Reston and Springfield to help us build mission-critical systems to support the Department of Homeland Security. You’ll use modern development tools in a fully Agile development environment to build and support cutting edge applications that support our nation’s security.
- Work with product owners and colleagues to interpret feature requests and develop software in iterative design/build/test/support cycles using an Agile development process
- Regularly check code into our continuous integration pipeline based on Gradle, Git and Jenkins to incrementally build our overall system and get immediate feedback on build performance
- Develop and expand unit and integration tests which will be automatically run by the build pipeline for developer feedback using JUnit and other tools like Geb, Spock and Selenium
- Will help mentor and develop less experienced developers on team
- Provide recommendations on realistic solutions for issues escalated in a production environment to ensure customers are running smoothly in the shortest amount of time possible
- Analysis and execution of proactive actions based upon alerting and monitoring before concerns become critical problems
- Working across teams to coordinate troubleshooting and resolution of issues
- Must have prior Development Operations (DevOps) or willingness to work in a DevOps enviroment
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment with Git and build server software (Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo) is desired
- Experience with other open-source components a plus, including Gradle, Activiti / jBPM, jQuery, Mule ESB
- Must have experience developing with Agile methodology/environment
- The individual will have 8 + years of overall technical experience and 5+ years of recent experience building enterprise applications using several components of our software stack
- Professional consulting experience and background required (federal government experience is a plus)
- Must be a team player and have excellent written and oral communication skills
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline is desired
United States Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a DHS Public Trust suitability.