Senior Software Engineer - JAVA
The Senior Software Engineer primary focus of this position is to develop server based highly available JAVA solutions for the cloud using Java application servers with Spring Boot and web services (SOAP/REST). This role includes architecting and innovating competitive industry solutions and assisting in other software development related to our products as required.
Minimum Experience and Education:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle and SQL Server..
• Minimum of 5 year experience developing commercial JAVA solutions for both Windows and Linux.
• Minimum of 2 years experience dealing with Java Native Interfaces.
• Must Have Proven analysis and design skills.
• Minimum of 2 years designing and developing web-based solutions desirable.
Skills, Knowledge and Ability:
• Experience with JDBC, Hibernate, and/or other database access technologies.
• Experience developing server solutions using Tomcat or Wildfly,
• Experience developing stateless micro services using Docker and OpenShift is preferable.
• Experience with SOA protocols (SOAP and REST)
• Experience and knowledge applying best practices to secure server-side components.
• Experience and knowledge implementing solutions for cloud-based SOA deployments a plus..
• Thorough technical knowledge of development methodologies, design and implementation
• Analytical and design skills at multiple product levels.
• Skills in research and analysis
• Ability to write detailed software design specifications from product specifications and requirements/documentation.
• Effective communication skills (written and verbal) with customers, suppliers, senior management, and other company personnel..
• Capacity to understand, interpret and explain complex technical systems
• Demonstrates an ability to be flexible on priorities while working accurately, with attention to detail, in a fast-paced environment.
• Project planning and tracking execution to plan
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment based in several locations.
• Responsible for requirements assessment, application and/or system definition and design, integration, software testing and debugging..
• Design and implement security solutions including SSL/TLS certificates and OAuth permissions as required to address security threats.
• Design, implement and debug SQL databases.
• Contribute to unit tests for build verification and deployment tests to enable seamless cloud deployment..
• Participate in daily agile SCRUM meetings driving project results.
• Work with tech pubs to document APIs, application help guides and other product documentation needs..
• Lead the delivery of technical solutions through collaboration across multiple teams, unifying and integrating the work from several engineers.
• Effectively work cross-functionally with various teams including: product management, QA/QE, various product lines to drive product results.
• Assist in providing technical guidance to key customer accounts as needed to integrate, test and deploy products.
• Develop well architected, elegant scalable server-side SOA solutions.
• Inspire fellow team members to innovate and think differently about how we solve customer problems by drawing on individual experience, best practices, passion, and knowledge of industry trends..
• Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be defined or assigned from time to time.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.