TCI has an immediate need for a Sr. Java Developer in Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with probable extensions and possible hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
This position requires a current DoD Secret Security Clearance.
We are offering an excellent long term contract opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus as a Java Developer. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
Seeking a Java Developer to join our team in Fort Knox, KY. The developer will be part of a team that is enhancing/upgrading applications in an enterprise environment. Responsible for the design, development, and fielding of enterprise application solutions for our client onsite.
- Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website. Responsible for interface implementation.
- Integrates web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
- Requires strong navigation and site-design instincts.
- 5+ years of software development experience developing Java web applications.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is strongly preferred.
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQLServer, or similar databases
- Experience using version control tools such as Subversion.
- Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar.
- Experience with JEE/JSP Containers such as WebLogic, JBoss, or Tomcat (or similar)
- Creative problem solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
- Must Possess a DoD SECRET Security clearance-Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract .
- Must be CompTIA Security+ certified.
- Must obtain a related certification relevant to the computing environment, such as Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer, with the first 90 days of employment.
- Must be enrolled in CompTIA Continuing Education program.
- Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.).
- Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments.
- Experience with frameworks such as SpringMVC, JasperReports, and Hibernate.
- Knowledge of SOA to include SOAP/WSDL and RESTful services.
- Experience using Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or NetBeans.
- Experience with shell scripting, parsing, and analyzing log files with REGEXP.
- Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer or Oracle Certified Professional SE 8 Programmer.
- Experience with Documentum, Live Scan, and/or Liferay.