Support Manufacturing in the creation, programming, machining, construction, and implementation of tool, dies, jigs, fixtures, and special equipment required in the manufacturing operation. Will assume responsibility for quality repair, change overs, and preventative maintenance to all manufacturing tooling, ensuring safe and efficient operations throughout the plant. This position requires set up and machining of production parts on CNC machinery. The machinist/toolmaker will effectively and efficiently communicate any issues to the affected parties and ensure all tooling is running at optimum efficiency assuring production schedules are met.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Possess excellent computer skills using Mastercam 2018, Microsoft Office, andeMaint X4 software.
- Upkeep and updating of required paperwork such as records, maintenance logs, documents, manuals, drawings, training logs, PM logs, etc.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts and tooling.
- Possess journeyman level toolmaker skills with a thorough understanding of proper tool design, cutter selection, heat treating, tool fabrication and assembly.
- Familiarity in the proper use of precision measuring tools with the ability to work within tight tolerances
- Ability to operate all conventional machine tools and possess advanced manual machining skills including but not limited to contour milling, pocket boring, OD/ID turning, thread turning, precision grinding of flats and contours, etc.
- Ability to efficiently program, set up, and operate all CNC machine tools (lathes, mills, and VMC’s with 4th and 5th axis capability)
- Knowledge and ability to efficiently MIG, TIG, and spot weld.
- Strong background in metal fabrication and sheet metal using shears, brakes, saws, and punches
- Demonstrates excellent decision-making skills, knowing in any given situation, what is efficient, cost effective, and will provide the best solution that will allow the best opportunity for success.
- Associate of Science in Machine Tool Technology or successful completion of Machinist or Toolmaker apprenticeship from a certified Machinist/Tool & Die Apprenticeship program.
- 5 years experience as a skilled machinist with a minimum 2 years at a toolmaker level or equivalent.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM, complex tool design, and shop math including trigonometry.
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates possessing job related degrees, certifications, licenses, or technical education in CAD/CAM, advanced machining, welding, & metal fabrication.
- Must be able to operate a wide variety of plant machinery, hand tools, hand trucks, forklifts, platform lifts, and shop equipment.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.