Sierra Controls is actively looking for an experienced Journeyman Electrician to work as a Field Service Technician with knowledge of electrical control systems associated with water, wastewater, and irrigation monitoring and controls.
Qualified candidates should have experience in electrical installation, troubleshooting, field measuring devices, and solar technologies. Additional experience in plant networks, network hardware and software, network troubleshooting, radio and other types of remote communication is a plus.
Candidate will report to either our Merced, CA or Elk Grove, CA offices. Work will primarilly be locarted in the central valley but may also extend into Oregon, NV, and Arizona.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support multiple concurrent electrical SCADA projects as well as the ability to directly respond to Technical Service Needs of existing systems
- Work with both Sr. Engineers and Project Engineers to provide a quality experience for our customers and successful integration to meet each customer’s electrical controls and SCADA needs.
- Coordinate work with Service manager and Install Manager to meet project needs
- Qualifications and Skills
- Electrical installation of analog and digital field instrumentation, control panels and VFD's
- Ability to read electrical control panel drawings and schematics
- Support field project commissioning and startups
- Understand the design and implementation of data communications systems including both wired (LANs) and wireless networks (WANs) and radio systems (Licensed and Unlicensed Freq.)
- Use of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Capable of performing electrical system testing of all systems before field installation (where possible)
- Ability to travel to support customer projects and systems in California, Arizona, Oregon, and Nevada as needed.
- Must have California State Electrician’s card or be able to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- MUST HAVE A CLEAN DMV FILE AND BE ABLE TO PASS DRUG TESTSierra Controls offers competitive salary and benefit packages. We have company sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance. We also offer paid time off, short-term and long-term disability, flexible scheduling, and a retirement plan with company match.
- Job Type: Full-time