Joule, a System One division is seeking a Jr. Engineer for a contract position. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 40 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.
The Jr. Engineer will:
The Jr. Engineer will:
- Participate in multifunctional teams, led by a Project Manager/Project Engineer and be responsible for defined project deliverables
- Manage Engineering Change Notices for new products from creation to final approval
- Operate within the company’s quality system to produce documentation such as process validations, equipment qualifications, dynamic control plans, inspection plans and standard operating procedures
- Operate within the company’s ‘New Product Development Process’ [NPDP], to build robust processes through involvement in ‘Design for Manufacturability’ and ‘Lean Manufacturing’ initiatives
- Utilize Six Sigma process tools such as ‘Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control’ (DMAIC), ‘Failure Modes & Effects Analysis’ (FMEA), ‘Design of Experiments’ (DOE), Gage Repeatability & Reproducibility’ (Gage R&R), ‘Statistical Process Control’ (SPC), capability analysis as required
- Provide input to Capital Equipment Requests (CERs)
- Create and execute equipment validation protocols for Factory Acceptance Testing, Supplier Acceptance Testing, and Equipment Qualifications as required.
Create and execute Process Qualification protocols as required.
- Bachelors degree in a science, preferably Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering
- 2+ years of engineering experience in the Medical Device, or similar, quality regulated industries
- Demonstrated fundamental understanding of manufacturing processes, e.g. casting, forging, CNC machining, coating, etc.
- Demonstrated familiarity with theory and practical application of ‘Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing’ (GD&T)
- Demonstrated experience with a parametric CAD design package, with a strong preference for ProE. Should be capable of developing 2D drawings, manipulating 3D product models and modeling moderately complex fixtures and gages
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Must be comfortable presenting at department level meetings
- Demonstrated experience dealing with suppliers and resolving supplier issues, particularly for Supplier Innovation role
- Must be challenged by a team-based environment which places a high degree of emphasis on accountability for customer satisfaction, cost reduction and quality/GMP compliance Education and Special Training Required: