Jr. Java Developer
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Eligible candidates must be U.S. Citizens with current NACI or ability to obtain one.
Alta IT is seeking a Junior Java Developer to support our client in providing high-quality technological expertise along with development support on-site for an Air Force customer in Alexandria, Virginia. A successful candidate must demonstrate a clear and practical understanding of the Java development language, how it is used to implement complex business rules, and an understanding of using Java Enterprise Edition 6 (JEE6) to create robust web applications and graphics is a must. In addition, understanding of software testing principles and execution is required.
- 3+ years of professional technical experience
- 1+ years of Java development
- 1+ years of Java Enterprise Edition development
- 1+ years of Oracle 12c PL/SQL development
- Experience with Java 8+
- Experience using some or all of the following; JEE6+ technologies to develop web based applications: Servlets, Enterprise JavaBeans, JavaServer Faces 2.x
- Experience with Oracle 12c SQL and PLSQL
- Experience with Eclipse
- Experience in formal Software Development Lifecycle development efforts (including Waterfall, Spiral, and Agile)
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related field
- Experience with UNIX (Client-UX and SunOS/Solaris preferred)
- Experience with RedHat JBoss Application Server
- Experience with Java Server Faces (JSF) extensions (PrimeFaces preferred)
- Experience with a Java EE Reporting tool (BIRT preferred)
- Experience with Subversion
ALTA IT Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.