Jr. Linux Engineer
Terms: 6+ months contract to hire
Location: Falls Church, VA
Work Status: US citizenship/GC required due to federal/government regulations.
Job Description: iSymmetry, a leading provider of on-demand IT consulting and recruiting services, has an immediate need for a Jr. Linux Engineer for a 6+ month contract to hire opportunity in the Falls Church, VA area.
The candidate will be performing project based work around system administration tasks, as well as interfacing with the devops, service ops, and development teams. Qualified candidates will need to be comfortable with the Linux command prompt, and maintaining services such as LDAP, DNS, Apache, and MySQL.
- Running and growing a large scale, high availability server environment.
- Managing Jira ticket system and ensuring tickets are updated per SLA.
- Improving existing processes and automation.
- Improving and refining our service monitoring.
- Executing large system changes using the latest technologies.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in computer science, information systems or technical discipline
- Hands-on experience with Linux
- Hands-on experience with a cloud-based environment, particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiarity with build automation tools; Jenkins is preferred
- Familiarity with configuration management tools Puppet is preferred
- Familiarity with managing and Ruby, Drupal, Wordpress, Tomcat, JBoss
- Knowledge of source code control management systems, configuration management, and code branching/merging strategies; Git is preferred,
- Some experience with SQL and relational database administration (MySQL)
- Experience with non-relational databases (MongoDB) is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code.
If interested, please email resume to email@example.com