Cevians is an International manufacturer of optical filters and displays and has executed a solid strategic plan that has proven to result in continuous and sustainable growth.
We are dedicated to research, development and manufacturing in photochemistry and applied sciences. We are a world leader in advanced light sciences, NVIS materials, optical filters, and lighting solutions and components. We serve military, defense, aerospace, industrial and medical markets.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Jr. Mechanical Engineer.
The Jr. Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for providing design and development support to the Displays and Optical Products business units. Additional responsibilities for this role may include performing engineering analysis and calculation, material selections, and developing manufacturing processes. The position will initially focus on SolidWorks 3D modeling and creating technical drawings to support sustaining engineering and new product development. As the candidate becomes more familiar with the organization and product lines, it is expected that additional detailed design responsibilities will be undertaken to meet the needs of the business. The candidate will be someone who has the technical skillset to fulfill the mechanical engineering role, who is a fast learner, and has the desire to grow with the organization.
- Support the design of electro-mechanical assemblies including mechanical structures, optical components and packaging of various electro-mechanical components
- Support the design of optical products such as filters and LEDs
- Create 3D SolidWorks part and assembly models
- Work from rough sketches, schematics, verbal, and written instructions to create simple to complex engineering drawings
- Produce detailed drawings for manufacturing and assembly
- Assign part numbers for drawings, BOMs, and documents
- Generate and process Bill of Materials (BOMs)
- Prepare, incorporate, and process Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)
- Incorporate redline corrections to existing drawings, BOMs, and documents
- Generate technical documentation, including technical writing for system manuals
- Perform tolerance analysis, mechanical stress calculation, and thermal expansion
- Support manufacturing by addressing technical issues on the floor that are related to design
- Function as an individual contributor and member of a cross-functional design/development team
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience in mechanical engineering or mechanical drafting
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- Experience in the Aerospace or Defense industry is a plus
- Understanding of various manufacturing capabilities, machining, casting, molding, and finishing is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment yet capable of performing autonomously
- Effective written/verbal communication skills; computing skills (Windows, Microsoft Office)
- Must have US Person status for this position
[Pursuant to EAR and the ITAR, U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship; or any individual who is granted U.S. permanent resident (“Green Card” holder); or any individual who is granted status as a “protected person” under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).]We offer outstanding benefits< medical/dental/vision, 401K, Profit Sharing, Life Insurance, LTD, generous paid holiday, vacation, and sick time off.