If interested in applying please email Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Desktop Support
Location: Williamsville, NY
Duration: one year
Clearance: Must be able to obtain and hold a DHS EOD Clearance (will take 8-12 weeks to obtain)
Experience: 2-4 years of professional IT experience required
Associate Systems Administrator reports to a Supervisor and/or Technical Manager and provides IT Field Operations support for 24x7 LANs and associated applications, peripherals, connectivity and end-users in a Service Desk - Tier II environment. This position relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job while working independently or under immediate supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Monitor the Remedy ticket queues, troubleshoot and resolve assigned hardware, software and LAN/WAN trouble tickets.
- Fulfill Service Requests such as workstation moves, software installations and equipment configuration changes.
- Verify with the customer that the issue has been resolved to their satisfaction.
- Update tickets following a documentation standard template, stating or restating the Issue, Actions Taken, and Next Actions Needed.
- Create Active Directory computer and user accounts.
- Assist in managing Windows Server 2008-2012 configurations, security patches and applications.
- Provide support for VPN connectivity via Cisco VPN client and RSA token and/or smartcard.
- Consult and coordinate activities with Engineering, Security, and Service Desk personnel.
- Communicate plans, progress, and issues in a timely manner.
- Participate in the weekly on-call duty rotation, providing after-hours support to customers and supported equipment.
- Support peripheral devices including scanners and printers.
- Support mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, Androids, Tablets and Air Cards.
- Support business continuity plans and site readiness.
- Maintain system backups utilizing Symantec NetBackup, and regularly conduct testing of restored data.
- Documents, tracks and monitors all problems and requests to ensure a timely resolution.
- Consistently meets the service target objectives and ticket resolution rates.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and all levels of the customer’s organization to identify needs, evaluate solutions, identify opportunities for improvement and build customer relationships.
- Demonstrated initiative with a strong sense of urgency and purpose.
- Proven success in the development of customer-centric solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices and the ability to understand complex and advanced technical concepts.
- Demonstrated success in customer service and relationship building.
- Ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously, and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of operating systems and office productivity software (Preferred: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat)
- Familiarity with WAN devices, circuits, cabling, voice communication systems and facilities management.
- Working knowledge of operating endpoint management tools (Preferred: SCCM, BigFix, Tivoli, LANDesk, or Altiris)
- Experience using IT Service Management software (Preferred: Remedy, HEAT, Siebel, Unicenter or ServiceNow)
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stretch, crawl and lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Required Education: High School (Desired: Associates Degree in Information Technology or related field)
- Required Work Experience: 2-4 years of experience providing technical support
- Desired Professional Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, A+, Security+ and/or Network+
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178