Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Jr. to Lead Test Engineer / QA Engineer - Networking/SDN Startup
(many openings from Jr. to Sr. to Lead level)
San Jose, CA
The company is founded and led by former senior executives from leading networking companies. It has raised a large round of funding from top tier investors, and is growing very rapidly.
The company's product involves Software Defined Networking.
The company is hiring many Test Engineers for a variety of specialties from Jr. to Mid to Sr. to Lead level. So if you have been doing QA/Test Engineering in the networking space, you are encouraged to apply regardless of your specific skillset.
The company will pay competitive Salary plus equity which could be valuable.
- Automating test cases using TCL and/or Python for testing various software features.
- Designing, developing, and executing test plans. This could be in one of several focus areas such as QoS, TCP/IP, Security, Analytics, Routing, IPsec, etc.
- Experience working as a Test Engineer or QA Engineer in the Networking industry (Relevant companies include Juniper, Cisco, Arista, VMware, Brocade and many more)
- At least 2 years of industry experience
- Scripting ability with at least one language such as Python, TCL, etc.
- A BS degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or similar
Nice to have:
(depending on which of these skills you have, that would determine which of their many specific Test Engineer position would be the best fit for you):
- QoS, TCP/IP
- Python, TCL
- Ixia, Spirent
- SDWAN, Routing Protocols, IPsec, VPN
- VMware, KVM, Openstack
- AWS, Azure
- L3 Protocols such as IPv4/IPv6
- Distributed Systems
- Big data, Cassandra, Postgres
- Security features such as IDS/IPS, URL Filtering, Proxy, APP ID/DPI, application layer protocols
- PIM-SM/SSM, BGP/OSPF
- DHCP, L3VPN, VRRP
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: