Magotteaux supplies the widest range of optimized products, services and systems to industries involved in comminution (material size reduction): mines, cement, coal power stations, quarries and recycling. Magotteaux also designs specific solutions for the dredging industry.
To answer their customers’ needs, Magotteaux researches, designs, manufactures and distributes grinding media and wear resistant parts thanks to a thorough understanding of:
The production processes of the different customers,
The wear mechanisms (abrasion, corrosion, impact) involved,
The material (alloy) aspects.
Since the end of 2011, Magotteaux is part of the Sigdo Koppers Group, the Chilean-based conglomerate focused on services to the mining industry. Worldwide, Magotteaux employs about 3,200 skilled talents, has a market footprint of above 500,000 tons of grinding media and castings through its 19 specialized production sites and 27 sales offices. The total turnover amounted to approximately USD 777 million in 2014.
Magotteaux, Inc. is certified to ISO9001 (quality) ISO14001 (environment) and OHSAS 18001 (health and safety) standards and ISO50001 (energy).
- Contribute to the development of the purchasing plan.
- Execute purchasing and storage activities related to the plant; ensure that all deliveries of goods are on time, at the stipulated cost and quality. Fully complying with all applicable industrial norms, laws, regulations, policies and procedures (internal or external, national or international).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute and monitor the purchases of raw materials, consumables, production supplies, equipment and / or services in accordance with the group and local purchasing guidelines.
- Perform weekly and monthly inventory activities.
- Follow and maintain local and group KPIs.
- Conduct audits to suppliers according to the norms.
- Maintain constructive relationships with vendors, suppliers and contractors; measure and ensure continuous performance.
- Maintain and / or prepare the administration & documentation of orders and purchase requisitions. Collaborate with the billing processes and audits, using applicable administrative systems (e.g. SAP) and in accordance with the rules and regulations (financial).
- Comply with and raise awareness on environment, quality, health & safety and social responsibility policies and best practices in line with guidelines and legislation, in order to contribute to the general well-being and improvement of general working conditions.
Business Administration or related degree desired (Purchasing/Logistics/Supply Chain)
English required – French or Spanish a plus
Purchasing, negotiation, business principles, finance, lean principles a plus
Strong skills with Microsoft Office
Good Understanding of ERP concept is required
Experience in SAP preferred
1-3+ years purchasing experience in manufacturing environment
Foundry experience a plus
Strong Interpersonal Communication Skills
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. Requires walking primarily on a level surface for periodic times throughout the day, some stairs and platforms. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. Minimal travel may be required (U.S. and International). Daily use of hands and wrists.
The performance of this position will regularly require exposure to the manufacturing (foundry) areas that require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields, hard hats, steel toe shoes, flame resistant clothing and mandatory hearing protection. Sitting, viewing computer monitors for long periods of time
Magotteaux is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Magotteaux is certified in OHSAS 18001 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001/ ISO 50001