The Junior Buyer is an entry-level Purchasing position, which involves clerical work as well as procurement tasks, solicitor/vendor information maintenance, and warehouse inventory coordination in accordance with Town policies and procedures.
This position assists other Purchasing personnel in the development of commodity and service specifications, vendors and solicitor notifications, preparation of bids and solicitations, and arranging for delivery of products and coordination of service requirements with emphasis on the warehouse inventory.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Associates degree in Business, Accounting, Contract Management, or a related field is preferred.
- A minimum of one year of experience is required in the purchasing of supplies, equipment, and/or services.
- Government procurement experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid Florida driver's license or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Must be able to successfully pass the minimum competency level for the essential skills of this position: Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Professional certification in the National Institute of Government Purchasing (NIGP), National Contracts Management Association (NCMA), or the Institute for Supply Management (ISM). Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) designation preferred.
Submit an online application at www.townofpalmbeach.com. Click Career Opportunities.