T&K Asphalt Services, Inc.
GENERAL SUMMARY & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
$500 sign on bonus paid in 45 days
Our commercial parking lot maintenance firm requires an experienced, highly technical Junior Civil Engineer to join our team of asphalt professionals. We’re a progressive, tight-knit company with significant expansion plans.
We offer several opportunities for promotion if you meet our needs, especially if you have experience with parking lot layout and grading.
Our portfolio includes numerous high-profile clients, so if you are looking to expand your repertoire and improve your resume, this position is the perfect fit for you. Our firm primarily manages commercial projects in the asphalt paving industry, so experience or knowledge of that area is a plus.
The successful candidate will also perform management duties as required.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 3+ years civil engineering experience
- SE License highly desirable
- AutoCAD experience
- Field Grading and layout experience a must
- Analyze drawings and maps to inform the direction of projects as well as the overall budget constraints
- Ensure project feasibility through continual evaluation of structural integrity and design practicality
- Create grading that utilize a variety of materials
- Perform and adjust quantity calculations for practical and budgetary purposes
- Communicate with team members as well as customers and vendors to ensure maximum cohesion and fluidity on projects
- Forecast construction time frames
- Inspect project sites to ensure they meet the relevant codes and are progressing properly
- Class A, Class B or Class D license
- Medical DOT card
- Osha Certification
- Hoisting Certification a plus
- Be able to lift, carry, push, pull, and stooping-bending up to 80lbs several hours a day
- Be able to stand or sit several hours a day
- Must abide by all safety policies
- Exceptional Customer Service and Communication Skills
- Team Player
- Must be able to work without supervision
- Self-starter and hands on
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Be able to work in extreme weather conditions
- Be able to work the snow season
- Must be available nights and weekends