The Junior Graphic Design Artist will assist the Creative Director in image creation and manipulation for both print and digital media including flyers, brochures, signage, advertisements, social media graphics and other marketing material.
- Major Responsibilities
- Develop the design “brief” to record requirements and internal client needs.
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software.
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts.
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas to the Marketing Department.
- Amend final designs to internal clients comments and gain full approval.
- Work as part of a team with copywriters, designers, stylists, executives and others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
III. Background Requirements:
Appropriate technical school degree or certification; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum one (1) year of graphic design experience in lieu of completed education will be considered.
- A minimum of one (1) to three (3) years’ experience is preferred; school and intern experience will be considered.
- A project portolio demonstrating the applicant’s talents must be submitted as part of the evaluation process.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Microsoft Office suite software.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with others.
- Attention to detail and ability to complete work correctly and timely is required.
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties as requested.