RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Junior Java Developer in Washington, District of Columbia (DC).
The Junior Java Developer in support of a long-term contract with the US Courts in Washington, DC. This position will be on the production support team and will help lead the effort in developing and resolving critical issues for a set of software applications used by US Courts all over the country. We're interested in software developers that are looking for a challenge, can span technologies, can quickly hone in on a problem and have the ability to update code with a fix. You will operate in an Agile and DevOps environment and will have the opportunity greatly enhance your skillset.
Primary responsibilities will include software development, troubleshooting, problem solving, effectively managing daily ticket queues, performing quarterly disaster recovery tasks, custom applications support, maintaining/creating SOPs, and supporting application integrations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze the code and data to identify issues and resolutions
- Work with customers as needed to understand issues and assist in problem resolutions
- Identify common issues/correlate events over time
- Fix code and follow standard SDLC processes
- Maintain system health by following and enforcing standards and procedures (Change Management, Incident and Problem management processes, etc.) and complying with security policies and procedures
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, and system testing; Help ensure all requirements have been addressed, functionality works, errors are handled properly, and software documentation has been completed
- Provide first-line monitoring of production applications and fix issues or escalate to appropriate individuals as needed
- Recommend, document and implement support processes and tools for 24/7 operations of geographically distributed systems
- 3+ years of software development experience in one or more of following programming languages: Java, Perl, .Net
- 3+ years of experience supporting IT operations and applications
- Abilities to occasionally work a Sunday
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.