Performs mechanical engineering work that requires a high degree of technical competence. Conducts independent technical investigations involving the application of a wide variety of mechanical engineering principles.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Will actively participate as a global team member with other Engineers, Designers, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, and Purchasing personnel to complete design projects quickly and cost effectively.
- Coordinate project tasks and schedules, delegate work to designers or drafters and support staff as required.
- Responsible for the design, prototyping, testing, specification and documentation of thermal processing systems, subassemblies and components. Responsible for the layout and detailed mechanical design and documentation of subsystems and subassemblies.
- Drive projects involving new concepts and approaches to the design on new products.
- Recommend materials and components for inclusion in design specifications based on past experience and on catalogue reference data.
- Solve technical problems with equipment in the field, provide technical expertise to the Sales organization, work with and develop suppliers, interact and direct engineering activities.
- Strong understanding of Pro-Engineer and detail drawings /models applying large CAD Model assembly management skills.
- Study industry standards and ensure that designs are safe and meet applicable industry safety requirements
- Actively Participate in Design Reviews. Review designs with other Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, and Marketing personnel as well as equipment users to ensure that designs meet all requirements.
- Prepare and present written, oral visual material to support proposals, presentations, design reviews and written reports.
- Develop cost estimates for proposed projects which include labor and material costs
- Organize and maintain project folders and report project status to Manager, Engineers and others on a regular basis. Must keep technical information updates and a folder system that works for the department.
- Plan, perform or direct and document experiments to prove design performance
- Deal with work-processes, optimization methods, and risk management tools in such projects.