Job Title: Juniper – Resident Engineer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Requisition Id: 15524
Reporting to the Manager, based out of Atlanta, GA, this is a highly technical role, providing post-sales support of Junipers Network Products. The Resident Engineer will be required to develop and maintain expertise on the products deployed or to be deployed within the Customer’s network.
- Support on-going projects with knowledge of routing and switching technologies
- Manage data collection for the network troubleshooting
- Convey collected data into a form easily consumed by users
- Applying extensive industry experience to optimize network performance and proactively analyze potential enhancements.
This is a full-time position and may require long work hours. Technical support to the Customer may require the Resident Engineer to:
- Hold technology workshops with the Customer to discuss equipment and network problems, and to provide case status updates, including the reasons for any problems encountered and the workarounds and/or solutions that are being tried
- Support the operation of Juniper PTX, MX routing and EX switching products and associated solutions within the Customer core network
- Support ongoing efforts in defining best practice policies for Juniper product applications used by Customer
- To peer with other employees performing similar Resident Engineering roles where lessons learned may help minimize risk associated with major network upgrades or changes in the network.
The Resident Engineer will be expected to develop secondary skills in other products in the Juniper product portfolio.
Skills and Experience:
Preferred candidates for this position should have a Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Computer Science with JNCIA certification or equivalent experience.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Technical understanding of the installation and operation of IP routers/switches
- Familiar with Junos Space
- Familiar with operation of management tools and network analyzers.
- An understanding of the protocols surrounding IP service provider networks. These skills include but are not limited to:
- TCP/IP and MPLS fundamentals
- IP/Routing experience (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS-TE, RSVP, LDP, IPv6, Routing Policy)
- Routing protocol operation, migration, and scaling mechanisms
- Routing policies at BGP peering points
- VPNs and the associated tunneling technologies (MPLS, L3VPN, VPLS, MVPN.)
- Ethernet switching and 802.1Q, QOS
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and to function in a team environment.
- Strong customer interface and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work calmly under pressure.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Juniper Hardware: PTX, MX, EX series (Virtual Chassis configuration)
- Tier 2-level troubleshooting experience
- Must understand MPLS, BGP, and route reflector topologies
- Must be able to communicate with internal JTAC and Systems Engineering Teams
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the customer
- Unix/Linux skills
- Scripting skills
- Network management tools such as SNMP, Syslog, etc.
- Understanding of Multicast strongly preferred
- JNCIA/JNCIS-SP/JNCIP-SP/JNCIE-SP a strong plus