Position: LAN/WAN Engineer
Location; Branchburg, NJ
Duration: 5 month on W2
The individual will be responsible for engineering of the Mobile Private Network’s (MPN) routing and switching environment in support of the virtual gateway deployments to ensure both capacity needs and strategic features and functionality are met.
This position includes responsibilities such as researching, identifying and engineering the site-specific configurations of the associated routing, switching and gateway environment at multiple locations. The individual must be detail oriented, think critically to solve issues in real-time and focused on the goal of virtualization while maximizing customer uptime and minimizing impact.
• Engineer the routing and switching environment in a Mobile Switching Center (MSC) to support the rollout of new virtual NFV applications.
• Develop and engineer automated workflows to support service automation and orchestration to enhance efficiency and achieve scale
.• Produce timely and accurate configurations for MPN routers and switches which are in line with established designs.
• Submit associated security, NMS, billing, etc. tickets and requests to other engineering teams and follow up through ticket execution.
• Technically lead the project rollout by coordinating with internal and external teams to set dates and drive changes into the network.
• Solid experience and proficiency in technical project leadership skills, the ability to build productive relationships and the capability to lead cross functional team technical discussions to a productive conclusion.
• Acts independently and as member of a highly technical team to advance customer conversions to virtual environments.
• Work with the performance and planning team to keep existing NFV applications and infrastructure elements below engineering KPIs.
• Think critically and make technical and business decisions which drive progress forward while putting customer uptime first
Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity.• Focus on high availability, resiliency, security, efficiency, and operational supportability while meeting or exceeding the project schedule.
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining results.
• Is accountable for the project results, summarizing the project status and documentation. Familiar with the Agile process, Kanban boards and Jira.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
• 5+ years of experience with operating and engineering a Cisco routing and switching environment’s Cisco ASR1000/9000 routers, Cisco ASR5000/5500 gateways and Cisco Nexus 7000/9000.
• Detailed knowledge and direct operational experience with TCP/IP (v4 & v6), BGP, OSPF, QOS, MPLS, AAA, and Diameter protocols.
• Knowledge of data center fabric networks required (Underlay/Overlay, VXLAN, VLAN, Ethernet VPN)
• Experience in SDN, NFV, Open stack, Dockers and Container deployments as well as the FCAPS model to support service level orchestration.
• Experience with orchestration tools such as Itential Pronghorn, Cisco Network Services Orchestrator (NSO/Tail-F), Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Python, Client NFV Director are a plus.
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly. Ability to perform independent analysis and plan for implementation, paying special attention to details and objectives.
• Excellent communications, interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail, with results-oriented focus.
• Wireless carrier experience or working knowledge of 3G & 4G telecommunications
• Cisco, Open stack, Redhat certifications are a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree in Networking or Computer Science preferred. REQUIRED SHIFT
:Standard 9 - 5 with occasional overnight change window work required.