Mental Health Resource Center, a comprehensive mental health center and Joint commission accredited organization is seeking a Licensed Mental Health Professional to join the Adult Florida Community Treatment (FACT) Program in the Gainesville area.
The FACT Program is a multi-disciplinary, clinical team which assumes responsibility for directly providing needed treatment, rehabilitation and support services to adult persons with severe and persistent mental illness promoting recovery, empowerment, self-determination and decision-making for each FACT participant.
Some of the responsibilities of the FACT team include providing clinical and supportive services through advocacy, crisis intervention, assessments, evaluations, treatment planning, case management and medication management. Participants are also provided with community referrals, symptom education, work-related vocational and educational services, social and interpersonal relationship training, and support for the participants’ families and care givers.
Most of a FACT team member's day is spent in the community completing many of the above duties. Only about 15% of their time is spent in the office. Company vehicles are available, however members of the FACT team also need to use their personal vehicles to provide services and are eligible for reimbursement for mileage.
The FACT team operates both during and after normal business hours, rotates holiday and weekend responsibilities, and team members rotate carrying an emergency on-call cell phone.
The Mental Health Resource Center manages 9 out of the 32 FACT programs in the state of Florida: Rockledge/Brevard, Tampa, Naples, Clearwater, Kissimmee, Winter Haven, Gainesville and two teams in Jacksonville.
As a member of the FACT team, the Mental Health Professional provides needed treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to individuals served by the FACT Program in order to reduce or eliminate the need for hospitalization and to enhance their independence, autonomy and quality of life. The Mental Health Professional also promotes recovery, empowerment, self-determination and decision-making for each FACT participant.
Some responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Provides treatment, rehabilitation, and support services in accordance with the FACT model, which is based on the Program for Assertive Community Treatment (PACT) manual
- Assures the accuracy, completeness and confidentiality of clinical records
- Maintains administrative records and responsibilities
- Acts as Assistant Team Leader, Substance Abuse Professional, and Vocational Specialist when necessary
The position is full time with a comprehensive benefits package.
Full Time Days:
Monday through Friday, with on call coverage and holiday rotation
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who enjoys working in a team atmosphere and is dedicated to providing both behavioral health care and social services to the individuals we serve in the community.
Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems is comprised of two not-for-profit organizations:
- Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems (RBHS)
- Mental Health Resource Center (MHRC)
These not-for profit organizations work together to provide a wide array of mental health, substance abuse, and social services to children and adults throughout Duval County (Jacksonville) and other Florida counties. RBHS and MHRC have 500 employees throughout Florida.
The mission of Mental Health Resource Center (MHRC) is to help people improve their well-being and achieve their goals by providing comprehensive behavioral healthcare and social services. We view MHRC as a leader in the behavioral health and social services field, and we will continuously strive to provide services of the highest quality and effectiveness. Our services will be provided in the most appropriate, least restrictive setting and in the most cost-effective manner utilizing caring, professional staff.
Visit us at www.mhrcflorida.com
- Candidates for the Licensed Mental Health Professional position are required to have a Master’s degree in Human Services or related field and previous experience working with adults with mental health diagnosis such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder is required in ordered to be considered.
- Licensed in the State of Florida (LMHC, LCSW or LMFT) required.
- Experience with DBT therapy techniques preferred.
- Each member of the FACT team must meet MHRC/RBHS vehicle driver requirements, to include a valid Florida Driver's License, automobile insurance coverage equaling $200,000 and no more than eight points on their license for any combination of violations.
- The FACT Mental Health Professional needs to be able to make sound decisions independently on a daily basis, including but not limited to recognizing emergencies and life threatening situations and responding appropriately.
- Strong communication skills are essential and this individual must be able to interact appropriately with internal and external customers, including families, caregivers, community service providers, supervisory staff and other department professionals.
- Each FACT team member contributes to the completeness and confidentiality of clinical records by ensuring documentation, paperwork and system entries meet internal and external guidelines for content, accuracy and timeliness.
Candidates may send a resume to Mental Health Resource Center, Attn: Human Resources PO Box 19249 Jacksonville, Florida 32245-9249. For more information, please call 904-743-1883 extension 7206. Faxed resumes are also welcome at 904-493-5910. Email resume to email@example.com or visit us on the web at www.mhrcflorida.com click on the ‘Join Our Team’ tab.
NOTE TO APPLICANT:
All employees of Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems and Mental Health Resource Center are required to complete a criminal background screen. All employment offers are contingent upon completion of the criminal background screen with satisfactory results. It is essential that all information on the application be completed accurately. A conviction will not necessarily disqualify applicants from employment.
Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems and Mental Health Resource Center encourage all applicants to take advantage of opportunities for hire, and if internal applicant, transfers, promotions, and advancement, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, handicap, disability, marital status, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.