LSAC is a nonprofit organization devoted to furthering quality, access, and fairness in law school admission by providing the core products and services that candidates and law schools depend upon in the US and around the world. Each year, LSAC helps over 60,000 law school candidates navigate the admission process, administers the LSAT to over 100,000 world‐wide test takers, provides the essential admission software and data relied upon by over 220 member law schools, presents dozens of national forums to help candidates and law schools connect, and supports the nation’s prelaw network. The LSAT is the premier standardized test of critical reasoning skills that are fundamental for success in law school and in a wide range of careers. LSAC also works actively to increase diversity in the legal profession and to promote public understanding of law as part of its focus on building a strong justice pipeline. LSAC’s office is located in Newtown, PA
LLM Credential Assembly Service Assistant – 2 Seasonal Positions
Job Code: CASA-MON
Opens academic documents, reviews them for authenticity and scans them into the computer system. Provides responses to candidate inquiries and/or complaints via telephone and email. Assists as necessary with all of the aspects of the LLM Credential Assembly Service Group’s work in order to meet company needs, including the mentoring of temporary staff and the preparation of LLM law school reports for mailing. Works under supervision of the Manager of the LLM Credential Assembly Service, assisted by the Coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains an understanding of all LLM Credential Assembly Service policies and procedures
- Opens transcripts and letters of recommendation, reviews them for authenticity and legibility, and scans them into the computer system
- Verifies and modifies academic record information from credentials into/against applicant electronic files
- Edits, updates, changes and or/corrects any information related to applicant credentials
- Prepares and sends correspondence related to LLM CAS credential processing
- Provides accurate, helpful, courteous and timely responses to telephone and email candidate inquiries in an efficient manner. Composes both routine and complex responses after required research and problem resolution.
- Handles candidate complaints and issues in a diplomatic, courteous and sensitive manner
- Assists with QC and mailing of LLM law school reports and LLM program applications
- Assists as necessary with all aspects of the LLM CAS group’s work in order to meet company needs, including the mentoring of new or temporary staff
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Some college level work and writing experience (preferably in a customer services environment) is required. College degree preferred. Two years’ experience in an office environment to include word processing skills and data entry experience required. Computer literacy required; knowledge of office productivity tools, such as Microsoft Word, required. Associated typing skills required. Must develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of LLM CAS policies and procedures. Excellent phone, verbal and written communication, and public relations skills required, including the ability to listen and empathize while diplomatically enforcing LSAC policy. Strong ability to interpret and analyze computer files, and good judgmental skills required. Familiarity with higher education admission procedures and concepts, such as transcripts, preferred. The ability to maintain professionalism and work well under pressure in a production environment is required. Flexibility and adaptability to change are necessary. Must be able to process high volumes of paper documents with strict attention to detail and high accuracy. Must be a quality-conscious team player. Must be available for overtime hours when necessary.
For details, please visit our website, LSAC.org.
To apply, please forward resume and letter of application, including job code, to:
C. Rommel, HR Section, Law School Admission Council, P.O. Box 40, Job Code Job Code: CASA-MON, Newtown, PA 18940
LSAC offers competitive compensation and benefits based on qualifications and experience.
Only resumes with salary requirements will be considered.
LSAC actively seeks to foster greater levels of diversity in our workforce and in our pipeline of future leaders. We are committed to attract and retain candidates who have a passion for their work and encourage all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, LGBTQ, and differently abled, to apply. LSAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.