The CSI Companies is currently seeking a Telephonic LPN for a long-term contract position with one of our clients in Jacksonville, Florida. This is a great opportunity to join an expanding team with one of the largest Physician led, patient centered healthcare system in the state of Florida!
Our client is seeking candidates that can interview and get started immediately. All candidates must complete and pass a Background check, drug screening, and other health screenings if required.
Pay: Market Competitive based on experience, education, and certifications.
Hours: 8-5 M-F
Location: Southside Area; Near the towncenter
Benefits: Because The CSI Companies is a cut above the typical staffing firm, we understand that an attractive benefits package is an important aspect of recruiting above-average W-2 contractors to serve our clients. Our benefits package includes weekly pay, direct deposit availability, multiple healthcare plans to include vision, dental, disability options, 401K and holiday and paid time off.
1.Documents all patient interactions in a concise manner that is compliant with documentation requirements for Model of Care and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations.
2. Conducts in-bound and out-bound calls for program requirements including, but not limited to: patient scheduling, surveys/screenings, reminder calls, census management and distribution of materials to appropriate clinical personnel or patients.
3. Schedules and coordinates patient transportation, follow-up physician appointments in all applicable markets, as needed.
4. Completes timely data entry of in-bound and/or out-bound call contact information into software applications (Claims Database, Trucare, etc.).
5. Utilizes various reports to track patient referrals and scheduling no-shows for patients in collaboration with Care Management staff and Clinic staff.
6. Provides clerical and/or administrative support to clinical staff and managers for special studies, projects and reports.
7. Provides excellent customer service by serving as a resource to all internal and external customers.
8. Maintains knowledge of all health plan benefits, network, CMS, regulations, health plan and/or MSO policies.
9. Call High Risk Members weekly as designated by PCP.
10. Maintain accurate utilization scoreboard
11. Assist with Medication Adherence program
12. Verify patients have been seen according to population health stratification list
13. Assist all patients with barriers.
14. Ensure appropriate clinical information is communicated when patients are referred to Care Management, Disease Management, Palliative Care, Hospice and Social Work services.
15. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
16. Complete monthly patient satisfaction surveys, high risk and longitudinal health assessments.
Must have qualifications/experience:
1. Licensed Practical Nurse in State of Florida
2. High school diploma or GED
3. Computer Literacy: Microsoft Office products
4. More than one year of related experience in a medical setting preferred
5. Good and customer service skills required