We are a Pediatric office in the Merrimack Valley Area
General Summary of Duties: Responsible for providing professional nursing care for patients under supervision of the physician. Assists physician and staff in coordinating patient care. Functions as primary liaison between patients, staff and physician.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
1. Phone Triage - Responds to/refers incoming patient treatment-related phone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
2. Assesses patient's general condition and takes vital signs and weight.
3. Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness. Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
4. Educates patient/family about diagnostic procedures, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness.
5. Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
6. Records tests and examination results in patient's chart.
7. Maintains patient confidentiality.
8. Prior Authorizations for insurance companies and misc. forms
9. Perform other related duties as directed or required by Nurse Manager
EDUCATION: LPN nursing program.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3+ experience in a pediatric setting
1. To work effectively as a team member with physicians and other staff.
2. To react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
3. To appropriately interact with patients, families, staff and others.
4. To flexibly respond to changing demands.
7. To plan, organize, prioritize patient needs
8. To communicate clearly.