At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Lab System Test Engineer 4 Flight Controls to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Lab System Test Engineer 4 that will perform technical flight controls lab planning and verification for all lab testing both manual and automated. This engineer will be responsible for all flight controls test and integration of the air vehicle. This includes, but is not limited to, performing system level requirements traceability, decomposition, and developing derived requirements, developing test procedures, test cases, and test points, and executing the tests in the laboratory environment. This engineer will also be responsible for performing technical interactions with the suppliers, subsystem cognizant engineer, flight test planning team, subsystem integration teams, and systems integration teams. The engineer will ensure the logical and systematic realization of customer requirements into lab system solutions to meet program objectives (e.g. Flight releases, certification, airworthiness, FMET criteria, and operation or airspace integration). The position is for a senior level engineer, who will be reporting to the Air Vehicle Lead. The applicant must perform work without appreciable direction and exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments. The applicant's completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results.
- Perform requirements analysis and decomposition including developing derived requirements as needed to test the system
- Develop test equipment and simulation requirements
- Develop Testability Requirements
- Support Systems Engineering to develop Verification Cross Reference Matrices
- Develop Test Planning Detail Sheets
- Develop Test Plans and Detailed Procedures
- Support Test Equipment Checkout and System Integration
- Support Test Execution as First Line Troubleshooter
- Perform as the hardware responsible engineer for the subsystem under test
- Perform technical interactions with the system test team to ensure system requirements are being verified
- Write Test Reports
- Support troubleshooting of issues discovered during subsystem and system level testing
- Must be able to obtain and maintain program access
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret clearance
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of flight controls testing experience OR
- Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 7 years of flight controls testing experience OR
- PhD Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 4 years of flight controls testing experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience testing air vehicle subsystems via labs, ground, or flight testing
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Computer Science, Aerospace, Physics, or Mathematics
- Lab Test experience with air vehicle testing, Failure Modes and Effects (FMET), vehicle management system testing, fuel, flight controls testing, and/or actuator testing
- Knowledge of the following tools, DOORS®, ViTech CORE, Fundamentals of Systems Engineering, VISIO®, CPLM, and Automated Testing (Python, C++, Java)
- Experience testing manned or unmanned aircraft (via labs, ground or flight testing) or similar system test experience
- Experience writing test plans, defining necessary regression testing, and test case and procedure development and execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.