- Prepare sampling kits for all compliance samples following EPA method collection requirements. Prioritize work schedule with oversight of Manager to meet service level target timelines for sample kits. Troubleshoot and update databases used to generate (30%)
- Receive, document kit condition, log in, and verify for accuracy all water samples sent in by our utilities or commercial clients. Verify the temperature, holding time and preservatives meet the method criteria for the analysis requested by the customer. Document all conditions of kits in Program. (30%)
- Conduct weekly inventory of sampling kits. Prepare QC bottle checks on all new bottle orders and all new preservative lots. Follow-up with QC department for any QC issues prior to usage. (10%)
- Cross train to do turbidity as a backup or other wet chemistry methods (UV, turbidity, etc.) (10%)
- Responsible for the calibration of all laboratory thermometers, determine usefulness based on calibration results. (10%)
- Print the sampling schedule when released by documentation. Interact with documentation for schedule kit needs. Process all special request and re-samples as requested by the utilities. (10%)
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college courses in a science related field preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word required.
- Preferred previous experience in environmental quality standards, procedures.
- Knowledge of chemical names preferred.