In partnership with Arconic, a world leading manufacturer, Headway Workforce Solutions is now seeking applicants for Laboratory Technician positions in the Washington, MO area! This is a unique opportunity and facet to the manufacturing process where applicants will be trained and briefed for the roles of a laboratory technician and assistant. These are entry-level, full time positions with 40+ hours per week and additional overtime as needed.
Essential Duties Include:
- Cutting and shearing work orders to test levels of hydrofluoric acid, nitric acid, and Turco in products.
- Check work orders to be released and properly dispose of any scrap.
- Scan files and lab packets for company records.
- Use various measuring instruments including micrometers, calipers, gas analyzers, ovens, and other laboratory testing equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Required to read and comprehend production orders and operating, maintenance, and safety manuals.
- Applicants with precise attention to detail, good multitasking skills, and have an overall mindset of quality are encouraged to apply.
- Employees are required to handle waste material properly. For everyone’s safety, employees may also be required to respond to chemical, oil, and/or acid spills appropriately using onsite training provided.
Hours & Pay Rates Offered
First Shift: 7:00AM – 3:30PM $12.00 per hour
Second Shift: 3:30PM – MIDNIGHT $13.00 per hour
Third Shift: 10:30PM – 7:00AM $13.00 per hour
All shifts will be required to work overtime (40 – 60 hours per week) as needed.
You may email your resume directly for consideration to Cpatton@headwaycorp.com and AlcoaVMS@headwaycorp.com After you have applied to the position and submitted your resume, please call the Headway Workforce Solutions office at (757) 827-7890 and ask to speak with Christine Patton, or any member of the Alcoa/Arconic team.
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.