Job Title : Labeling Coordinator (Regulator Affairs)
Duration : 6 Months (Possibility of Extension)
Location : Warrendale, PA and Glenview, IL
- Responsible for understanding and application of relevant U.S. food labeling regulations, policies, guidelines (e.g. FDA, USDA, Nutrition Label Reform, Organic certification, Kosher certification, etc.) to support business and compliance goals.
- Create ingredient listing and nutritional facts panel for finished products in accordance with regulations.
- Review and approve nutrition and regulatory components of packaging artwork, label copy, advertising, promotional and educational materials, to ensure accuracy and compliance of claims, ingredient and nutritional statements, etc. to government regulations, and corporate policies.
- Assist with regulatory compliance of all USDA regulated products through the government label approval process.
- ADDED Coordinate Nutrition Label Reform implementation with other category activities; leverage current resources and project contacts.
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Nutrition or related field.
- Strong technical background in nutrition/food science, with minimum 3 years’ experience in a consumer/food products company.
- In-depth knowledge of US food labeling regulations including the updated Nutrition Label Reform regulations.
- Able to rapidly develop an in-depth knowledge of products and business operations.
- Requires team and individual leadership skills in complex nutrition and regulatory matters.
- Excellent computer and communication skills.
- Excellent organization and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail.