Position: Laboratory Analyst
Duration: 18 Months
Location: Andover, MA
- Particle analysis experience with equipment using Light Obscuration, Micro Flow Imaging and size distribution.
- Support Particle analysis lab
- Few months of experience at least
- Must have experience with at least one technique other industry experience = good school labs/ intern= good
- Position’s primary purpose is project support through particle characterization using various analytical equipment. Contractor will be proficient in a laboratory environment. Good communication, writing and problem solving skills are highly desired. Attention to detail and thorough documentation of results in electronic laboratory notebook is required.
- Flexibility to perform additional laboratory tasks as assigned when not actively engaged in analytical testing.
- Experience with analytical instrumentation technology such as light obscuration, Micro Flow Imaging and size distribution.
- Experience with testing/handling therapeutic biological molecules (proteins)
- Experience with HPLC, iCE and CGE is a plus
- Willingness to learn additional biochemical analytical techniques/instrumentation as needed
- Evidence of ability to identify and solve problems, make decisions from limited alternatives, operate with autonomy
- Good understanding of fundamentals of formulation development is a plus
- Must conform to laboratory safety standards (lab safety training to be provided)
- Contractor will interact with other formulation scientists while supporting particulates and biochemical analysis for various studies.
- Ability to work in a lab with biochemical or similar analytical instrument ion
- Evidence of ability to identify and solve problems, making decisions from limited alternatives desirable
- Good understanding of particle characterization techniques such as HIAC, MFI is a plus
- Technical writing and presentation skills
- Excellent pipetting skills
- Must be highly competent at making quantitative dilutions
- Must be competent at buffer formulation (weighing, dispensing, understanding of molarity and pH)
- Excellent visual acuity - Must not be color blind
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Eye protection, lab coat and gloves must be worn for extended periods of time
What is the minimum education experience required?:
- Minimum education level: BS in Chemistry/Biochemistry/Chemical Engineering/Pharmaceutical Sciences/Medical Lab Sciences
- Minimum years’ experience: 2-4